Give to the RCPE
Center programming is made possible in part through a grant from the Lilly Endowment. Samford University provides financial and other support for the Center's personnel and administration. As a result, 100% of the money donated to the Center is used to provide resources to ministers.
Your financial support can be applied to any or all of these program areas:
- Sabbath Leave Program offers grants up to $6000 for use helping ministers experience spiritual, emotional, physical and intellectual renewal through time away from pastoral responsibilities.
- Study Leave Program offers mini-grants up to $2000 to support a minister’s one or two-week residential study, research, writing or other project on the campus of Samford University.
- Pastoral Enrichment Network provides a unique peer group experience that encourages and equips bi-vocational ministers who serve smaller churches in rural areas of Alabama.
- The James Davidson Fund for Rural Ministries is an endowed fund that provides financial support of a variety of Center programs offered specifically for ministers serving smaller, rural congregations in Alabama.
- Day Apart offers enrichment for women pastors through day retreats offered two times each year. This unique resource provides opportunities for pastors to interact with noted women authors, pastors and theologians in the relaxed setting of the Birmingham Botanical Gardens.
- The James Auchmuty Congregational Leadership Fund is an endowed fund that supports an annual lecture on the topic of Congregational Leadership on the campus of Samford University. In addition, the fund provides a ‘fellowship’ to enable a pastoral leader to engage in continuing education related to congregational leadership.
- The C. Otis Brooks Fund for Pastoral Leadership Enrichment will provide scholarships for ministerial Sabbath and Study leaves through the Center's Sabbath Leave Program. The program will provide opportunities for ministers to experience spiritual, mental, physical and emotional renewal through "Sabbath" time of three weeks to three months or "Study Leave" time of up to two weeks away from ministry duties.
How can you contribute to this Ministry? Secure credit card donations can be made online. Please click the appropriate link above to make a donation. Thank you for your support of pastoral excellence through the programs of the Resource Center for Pastoral Excellence at Samford University.
If you need additional information, please call Michael Wilson, Program Director, at (205) 726-4064 or email him at email@example.com.
Additional Giving Possibilities
Are you looking for a way to honor a pastor or minister? You can make a donation in honor of or in memory of a pastor or other person that will be directed to a specific need among Center participants. We will send to the person you wish to honor a card acknowledging receipt of your gift. Select the options below for more information: