August 1, 2011
Among the people at Samford making a great contribution to the health and happiness of the campus are employees of Campus Dining, the company that operates our cafeteria, food court, and related concerns. A recent message from the father of a summer camper illustrates the significance of their efforts for students, employees, and guests:
"My son attended a 7-on-7 camp with his Prattville Christian Academy football team that was hosted by Samford on Friday, July 8. Prattville Christian won the competition. Upon his return to Prattville, I picked him up at the school and asked 'well?' You would think that winning the camp competition would be on his mind, but not so. The first thing he said was that 'Samford has the best cafeteria in the world.' He then proceeded to tell me, in great detail, about each food item he tried and how wonderful it was. That's some pretty tall cotton . . ."
The world is better because of the dedicated service of Campus Dining employees.
The mission of Samford University is to nurture persons in their development of intellect, creativity, faith, and personhood. As a Christian university, the community fosters academic, career, and ethical competency while encouraging social and civic responsibility, and service to others.
Our Core Values
The Samford community values lifelong:
- belief in God, the Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord.
- engagement with the life and teachings of Jesus.
- learning and responsible freedom of inquiry.
- personal empowerment, accountability, and responsibility.
- vocational success and civic engagement.
- spiritual growth and cultivation of physical well-being.
- integrity, honesty, and justice.
- appreciation for diverse cultures and convictions.
- stewardship of all resources.
- service to God, to family, to one another, and to the community.
Anchored in Christian understanding, Samford University will be a diverse community, stressing vigorous learning and personal faith, in the Baptist tradition. Within that commonality, the Community will be innovative in teaching, learning and research; sensitive to global issues; aggressive in self-assessment and continuous improvement. Faithful to its mission, Samford will be known and acknowledged worldwide by holding to its core values. The world will be better for it.