October 4, 2010
Praise for a co-worker from Belinda Isley, Assistant Professor in our Ida V. Moffett School of Nursing:
"So often we hear complaints, so it is nice when compliments come our way. I have a compliment. Doug Davis (Technology Services Manager for the Ida V. Moffett School of Nursing) is absolutely AWESOME. He's spent countless hours on the phone with our students all over the country helping them through their various computer issues. It's currently 8:30 pm and there are still 12 people who have to take my exam today online. He's on the phone with a student as we speak, helping him with his issues. He's been on the phone with various students all week during and after office hours, helping them. Today he helped me with my on campus testing without me even asking. Doug consistently goes above and beyond. He never complains."
The world is better because of Doug Davis, and because Belinda Isley took the time to notice.
The mission of Samford University is to nurture persons in their development of intellect, creativity, faith, and personhood. As a Christian university, the community fosters academic, career, and ethical competency while encouraging social and civic responsibility, and service to others.
Our Core Values
The Samford community values lifelong:
- belief in God, the Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord.
- engagement with the life and teachings of Jesus.
- learning and responsible freedom of inquiry.
- personal empowerment, accountability, and responsibility.
- vocational success and civic engagement.
- spiritual growth and cultivation of physical well-being.
- integrity, honesty, and justice.
- appreciation for diverse cultures and convictions.
- stewardship of all resources.
- service to God, to family, to one another, and to the community.
Anchored in Christian understanding, Samford University will be a diverse community, stressing vigorous learning and personal faith, in the Baptist tradition. Within that commonality, the Community will be innovative in teaching, learning and research; sensitive to global issues; aggressive in self-assessment and continuous improvement. Faithful to its mission, Samford will be known and acknowledged worldwide by holding to its core values. The world will be better for it.