June 23, 2014
Last week, with the careful planning and guidance of Caroline Summers, Samford’s Director of Photographic Services, we hosted more than 100 participants for the annual meeting of the University Photographers Association of America (UPAA). Caroline serves on the UPAA Board of Directors. To say that these campus photographers from colleges and universities across the country (and a handful from outside the United States) were impressed with the Samford campus would be an understatement. For a quick summary of their comments about the significance of their work and some observations about the beauty of our campus, go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b39LXrRQIsc.
The world is better because of the work of university photographers, especially Caroline Summers.
The mission of Samford University is to nurture persons in their development of intellect, creativity, faith, and personhood. As a Christian university, the community fosters academic, career, and ethical competency while encouraging social and civic responsibility, and service to others.
Our Core Values
The Samford community values lifelong:
- belief in God, the Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord.
- engagement with the life and teachings of Jesus.
- learning and responsible freedom of inquiry.
- personal empowerment, accountability, and responsibility.
- vocational success and civic engagement.
- spiritual growth and cultivation of physical well-being.
- integrity, honesty, and justice.
- appreciation for diverse cultures and convictions.
- stewardship of all resources.
- service to God, to family, to one another, and to the community.
Anchored in Christian understanding, Samford University will be a diverse community, stressing vigorous learning and personal faith, in the Baptist tradition. Within that commonality, the Community will be innovative in teaching, learning and research; sensitive to global issues; aggressive in self-assessment and continuous improvement. Faithful to its mission, Samford will be known and acknowledged worldwide by holding to its core values. The world will be better for it.