DNP Application Process
These steps outline the application process for the DNP program. Applicants to the program are required to submit both an application through the nursing centralized application process (NursingCAS) as well as a supplemental application form. Before beginning these applications, it is recommended that the applicant complete the following checklist.
NursingCAS Requirements At-A-Glance
- Obtain student copies of your college transcripts to assist you in completing the course work section for the application.
- Carefully read the “Before you apply, Instructions, Code of Cooperation and FAQ’s” sections at http://www.nursingcas.org before you get started.
- As stated on the NursingCAS site, the Nursing Centralized Application Service (NursingCAS) simplifies the process of applying to Nursing programs. Complete one application and send it along with other information to our centralized service. NursingCAS will verify your application for accuracy, calculate your GPA, and send your materials to the Nursing programs you designate. These sections detail critical components of the centralized application process.
- Request official transcripts from each institution attended by using the transcript request form in NursingCAS.
- Complete the form, submit it to the registrar’s office of each institution attended, and instruct them to enclose the form with your official sealed transcript. Transcripts must be sent to the NursingCAS Transcript Department. Nursing CAS accepts official transcripts directly sent from the registrar’s office ONLY. Please send transcripts as early as possible and no less than 4-6 weeks before the application deadline due to the time needed by NursingCAS to verify your application.
- Pay the initial service fee of $65 when submitting the NursingCAS application.
- Submit evidence of current unencumbered license as a registered nurse through NursingCAS on the Professional Experience/Certifications section.
- Include state of issuance, number and expiration date.
- Obtain 3 letters of recommendation from 1) current or previous professor, 2) supervisor, and 3) professional colleague.
- These letters of recommendation will be submitted through NursingCAS. The references should attest to the applicant’s academic ability and potential.
- Submit your reasons for seeking the DNP on NursingCAS on the Personal Statement section.
- In one document, include a curriculum vitae or resume AND a 1-2 page paper describing a clinical practice problem that you are interested in.
- This could be a practice improvement issue, a clinical management problem, or an area of practice in need of change that the applicant will address while in the DNP program. The paper should cite appropriate sources and follow APA format. In addition, the applicant must be able to identify key resources (personnel, preceptors, institutions) necessary to complete the project. Please email this document to Dr. Marian Carter, Director of Graduate Student Services at email@example.com. Please include your NursingCAS ID number on this document and submit before the designated deadline.
Other application information
Applications must be submitted by the posted deadlines. Admission decisions are based on GPA, recommendations and personal interview. The GRE is not required. All students are required to have a laptop with microphone and webcam accessories.