Samford University will graduate about 900 seniors during commencement activities in May. The schedule will begin with Beeson Divinity School's program May 8 and continue with programs May 17-18.
Here is this year's schedule.
Wednesday, May 8
* 11 a.m. Beeson Divinity School, Hodges Chapel. Speaker: Daniel Aleshire, president, The Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada.
Friday, May 17
* 10 a.m. McWhorter School of Pharmacy, Wright Center. Speaker: Kenny Sanders, president, Alabama Board of Pharmacy.
* 1 p.m. Brock School of Business, Wright Center. Speaker: Alan Register, Birmingham city president, BBVA Compass Bank
* 3:30 p.m. Ida V. Moffett School of Nursing, Wright Center. Speaker: Dr. Juanzetta Flowers, nursing leader and pioneer of the Nurse Practitioner Movement
* 6 p.m. Cumberland School of Law, Wright Center. Speaker: Joel Dubina, chief judge, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit.
Saturday, May 18
* 10 a.m. Howard College of Arts and Sciences, School of the Arts and Orlean Bullard Beeson School of Education and Professional Studies, Hanna Center. Speaker: Carolyn McKinstry, president, Sixteenth Street Foundation.
Other commencement activities Friday, May 17, will include the graduation prayer breakfast in the main dining room of Beeson University Center at 7:30 a.m.; the Ida V. Moffett School of Nursing pinning ceremony at Shades Mountain Baptist Church at 10 a.m.; and the Air Force ROTC commissioning ceremony in Reid Chapel at 1 p.m.
On Saturday, May 18, the graduating senior art exhibition reception will follow commencement in the Samford Art Gallery.