Stafford and Grad PLUS Loan Instructions
All Undergraduate and Graduate Stafford Loans and Graduate PLUS Loans may be accepted on-line through your Samford student web portal. Please follow these steps in order to accept one or more of your loans:
- Log-in to the Samford University Portal at https://portal.samford.edu/cp/home/displaylogin.
- Click on ‘Student and Financial Aid’
- Click on ‘Financial Aid’
- Click on ‘Award’
- Click on ‘Award for Aid Year’
- Select the aid year for which you are applying and click ‘Submit’
- Click on the ‘Terms and Conditions’ tab to accept the conditions of your award, if you have not already done so.
- Click on the ‘Accept Award Offer’ tab to review your award.
- Please select either ‘Accept’ or ‘Decline’ in the ‘Accept Award’ column. If you would like to accept a lesser amount, enter the amount you would like to borrow in the ‘Accept Partial Amount’ field. All requested amounts will be split between the fall and spring terms.
- Select ‘Submit Decision’.
* If you would like to except unequal amounts for each term, please contact the Office of Financial Aid and speak with your financial aid advisor.
If you have questions about the aid you’ve been offered, click on the fund name (highlighted in blue) for award messages, or contact the Office of Financial Aid at 205-726-2905 or firstname.lastname@example.org.