Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is Reid Chapel located? Reid Chapel is located on the Samford University campus, at 800 Lakeshore Drive in Homewood, Alabama 35229. The Samford University campus is centrally-located and can easily be accessed from Interstate 65 or Highways 31 and 280. Reid Chapel is located on the east side of campus, in front of Propst Hall.
2. How do I book Reid Chapel for my wedding? To book Reid Chapel, please submit a wedding inquiry request using the menu option Request The Chapel.
3. What if I don’t have any connections to Samford University? Only those who qualify with the official Samford Connection can reserve the chapel for a wedding ceremony.
4. Will a Wedding Director be provided for my wedding? Yes, it is required for all weddings on campus that the Samford Wedding director is utilized for each event.
5. Can I choose my own minister? Yes. Samford does not require that you use the University Minister for your wedding ceremony. However, he may be available to perform your ceremony if you desire.
6. How many months in advance may I book my wedding on campus? All ceremonies are booked no earlier than 1 year in advance. No exceptions.
7. How many guests can Reid Chapel accommodate? Reid Chapel can comfortably seat 600 guests: 400 on the floor and 200 in the balcony.
8. What if I want to propose in Reid Chapel? Please email email@example.com for availability and times.
9. How do I set up a tour to visit Reid Chapel? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for chapel availability and times.