Core Program Description
Scholars may choose any major but must take the Clark Scholars Core through the Howard College of Arts and Sciences. The core includes two courses in each of the following areas: biology, computer science, and bioinformatics. Clark Scholars who successfully complete the academic requirements are also on track to receive a bioinformatics minor, with the completion of a few additional courses.
- Foundations of Biology I (BIOL 203)
- Intro to Programming (COSC 110)
- Genetics (BIOL 333)
- Principles of Bioinformatics (BIOL 306/COSC 306)
- Data Structures and Algorithms (COSC 210)
- Advanced Bioinformatics (BIOL 407/COSC 407)