Mission and Core Values
The mission of Samford University is to nurture persons in their development of intellect, creativity, faith and personhood. As a Christian university, the community fosters academic, career and ethical competency while encouraging social and civic responsibility, and service to others.
The Samford community values lifelong:
- belief in God, the Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord.
- engagement with the life and teachings of Jesus
- learning and responsible freedom of inquiry
- personal empowerment, accountability and responsibility
- vocational success and civic engagement
- spiritual growth and cultivation of physical well-being
- integrity, honesty and justice
- appreciation for diverse cultures and convictions
- stewardship of all resources
- service to God, to family, to one another, and to the community.